The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a reliable and capable SUV, but some owners have reported issues with the vehicle’s radio system.
In this article, we will explore some common radio problems that have been reported by 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee owners, as well as potential solutions for these issues.
Whether you’re experiencing problems with your own Grand Cherokee’s radio or you’re looking to avoid potential issues in the future, this article will provide valuable information that can help.
Radio Issues With Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018
|Radio turns off randomly||Some owners have reported that the radio turns off randomly, even when the vehicle is running.|
|Radio doesn't turn on||In some cases, the radio fails to turn on at all, even when the vehicle is running and the key is in the on position.|
|Radio display is blank||Some owners have reported that the radio display is blank, making it difficult to see which station is playing.|
|Radio receives poor reception||In some cases, the radio receives poor reception, making it difficult to listen to the radio clearly.|
|Radio buttons don't work properly||Some owners have reported that the buttons on the radio don't work properly, making it difficult to change stations or adjust the volume.|
Of course, these are just examples of potential radio problems that have been reported by 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee owners. The actual problems and their prevalence may vary depending on the specific vehicle and its condition.
That’s why it’s important to keep your rig in excellent condition.
It is always best to consult a professional mechanic if you are experiencing any issues with your vehicle’s radio.
How To Fix These Issues
Radio Turning Off
Here are some potential solutions for fixing the issue of a radio turning off randomly in a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee:
- Check the radio fuse and replace it if necessary. The fuse for the radio is typically located in the fuse box, which is usually located under the dashboard or in the engine compartment. Consult your owner’s manual for the exact location of the fuse box and the correct fuse to use.
- If replacing the fuse does not fix the problem, the radio may need to be professionally repaired. The problem could be due to a faulty component within the radio itself, such as a faulty power supply or a damaged circuit board. A professional mechanic or radio repair shop will be able to diagnose the problem and repair the radio.
- Another potential solution is to try resetting the radio. This can sometimes fix issues with the radio, such as a software glitch or a temporary power outage. To reset the radio, turn off the vehicle and disconnect the battery. Wait a few minutes, then reconnect the battery and turn on the vehicle. The radio should now be reset and should function properly.
Blank Radio Display
- Connections are loose or damaged, the radio may not be receiving power properly, which could cause the display to be blank. Tighten any loose connections and replace any damaged wires or connectors as necessary.
- Check the brightness settings on the radio. Some radios have a brightness adjustment that can be adjusted using the buttons on the radio itself. If the brightness is set too low, the display may appear to be blank. Try adjusting the brightness settings to see if that fixes the problem.
- If the radio is still not working properly after trying the above solutions, it may need to be professionally repaired. A professional mechanic or radio repair shop will be able to diagnose the problem and repair the radio.
No Radio Reception
If your radio is receiving poor reception, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue. First, make sure the antenna is fully extended and not obstructed by any objects. If the antenna is retractable, try extending it to see if that improves the reception.
If the antenna is not the issue, the problem may be with the radio itself and you may need to have it repaired or replaced.
Radio Buttons Not Working
To fix a radio with non-functioning buttons in a Jeep, first check the fuse for the radio. If the fuse is blown, replace it. If the fuse is not the problem, the radio may need to be repaired or replaced.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Reset The Radio In a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
To reset the radio in a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, you can try the following steps:
- Turn off the vehicle and remove the key from the ignition.
- Press and hold the power and volume buttons on the radio for about 10 seconds, or until the radio turns off.
- Press the power button again to turn the radio back on.
- Enter the radio code if prompted. This code is usually located in the owner’s manual or on a card that came with the vehicle.
If you are unable to reset the radio using these steps, you may need to consult the vehicle’s owner’s manual or contact a dealership for assistance.
What Radio Does A 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Have?
A 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee may come equipped with a variety of different radios, depending on the trim level and options chosen by the vehicle’s owner.
Some common options for the 2018 model year include the Uconnect 3 with a 5-inch display, the Uconnect 4 with a 7-inch display, and the Uconnect 4C NAV with an 8.4-inch display.
These radios offer features such as AM/FM/SiriusXM satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, and built-in navigation. It is also possible that the vehicle may have been equipped with an aftermarket radio by the previous owner.
The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee is known to have several common radio problems, including issues with connectivity and display. Some owners have reported that the radio will suddenly stop working, while others have experienced problems with the Bluetooth connection or the touch screen display.
In some cases, these issues can be resolved by resetting the radio or updating the software. However, more serious problems may require the assistance of a dealership or a professional mechanic.
Need Help Fixing Your Jeep?
If you are looking for expert advice on diagnosing and fixing your Jeep issues, be sure to check out my other guides!